Looking for homeschooling information for the great state of Texas? You've come to the right place! Parents in Texas have found that it is one of the best states in which to homeschool. The laws are favorable, you'll find lots of support, and there is a never ending supply of things to do in this wonderful state.
- Ready to begin? Check out our "Beginning to Homeschool" section.
- Is homeschooling the best choice for your family? Learn more about the advantages of homeschooling.
- Read the actual laws regulating home education in Texas and get summaries of these laws by homeschooling experts.
- Find a support group close to you.
- Browse through our curriculum reviews and lists, and find what will work best for you and your child.
Is Unschooling Legal?
Dallas World Aquarium
A Texas Response to the Akron Beacon-Journal
Texas Advocates for Freedom in Education (TAFFIE)
Request for a Parent Taught Driver Education (PTDE) Packet
TX Department of Family and Protective Services Letter
Texas Home Educators
Sample Letter of Withdrawal
Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park
Palo Alto Battlefield National Historic Site
North Texas Homeschoolers of 1
Texas State Aquarium
Homeschooling Musicians-Greater Houston
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. We get commissions for purchases made through links on this site.
Don't Waste Your Time Homeschooling: 72 Things I Wish I'd Known
Consider This: Charlotte Mason and the Classical Tradition
Pocketful of Pinecones: Nature Study With the Gentle Art of Learning : A Story for Mother Culture
A Reason For® Spelling
Quote of the Day
From my experience of hundreds of children, I know that they have perhaps a finer sense of honour than you or I have. The greatest lessons in life, if we would but stoop and humble ourselves, we would learn not from grown-up learned men, but from the so-called ignorant children.Mahatma Mohandas K. Gandhi