Looking for homeschooling information for the great state of Texas? You've come to the right place! Parents in Texas have found that it is one of the best states in which to homeschool. The laws are favorable, you'll find lots of support, and there is a never ending supply of things to do in this wonderful state.
- Ready to begin? Check out our "Beginning to Homeschool" section.
- Is homeschooling the best choice for your family? Learn more about the advantages of homeschooling.
- Read the actual laws regulating home education in Texas and get summaries of these laws by homeschooling experts.
- Find a support group close to you.
- Browse through our curriculum reviews and lists, and find what will work best for you and your child.
Texas Rural Unschoolers
Texas Unschooling Groups Moderators
Chamizal National Memorial
Open North Texas Homeschoolers
North East Texas Homeschooling
COFFEE History Co-Op
Abilene Zoological Gardens
Texas Home School Coalition FAQ
Dallas Unschoolers Circle
Longview Area Relaxed Home Educators (LARHE)
Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP)
Lobbying the Texas Legislature
Guadalupe Mountains National Park
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. We get commissions for purchases made through links on this site.
Ideas and Books: The Method of Education
Only Child: Writers on the Singular Joys and Solitary Sorrows of Growing Up Solo
The Mystery of History
A Charlotte Mason Companion: Personal Reflections on the Gentle Art of Learning
Morning by Morning : How We Home-Schooled Our African-American Sons to the Ivy League
Quote of the Day
School days, I believe, are the unhappiest in the whole span of human existence. They are full of dull, unintelligible tasks, new and unpleasant ordinances, and brutal violations of common sense and common decency. It doesn't take a reasonably bright boy long to discover that most of what is rammed into him is nonsense, and that no one really cares very much whether he learns it or not.H.L. Mencken